Outpatient Substance Abuse Services
Substance abuse services include:
- Individual, group and family treatment
- Substance abuse education courses
- Relapse prevention services
- Psychological testing
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication services
- Dual-diagnosis services
- Multi-cultural services
- Drug testing
- Access to community-based support groups
- Adults using narcotics can receive methadone treatment through a contract with the Alexandria Community Services Board.
Case Management and Contractual Substance Abuse Treatment Services
Residential treatment and case management support for adults with substance abuse problems.
- Individuals are evaluated by case management staff and placed in the appropriate level of residential treatment.
- Contract services include social and medical detoxification and residential treatment and transitional living placements to facilitate recovery from substance abuse.
- Case managers monitor clients at contracted agencies.
Detention Facility Jail-Based Services
Assessment, early intervention, prevention, treatment and case management services to those incarcerated to prevent further deterioration and involvement in criminal activities.
Services include the ACT Program (prevents deterioration and prepares individuals for recovery from alcohol and drug dependency) and support from the Mental Health Jail Treatment Unit (serves to prevent suicide and facilitate psychiatric and behavioral stabilization). Both programs help connect individuals to outpatient or residential aftercare settings after release.
Clients must have a substance abuse problem and/or mental illness. Must also be ONE of the following:
- Arlington resident
- Person receiving Medicaid
- Resident in Arlington psychiatric hospital, jail or other facility
- Priority is given to pregnant and post-partum women, those living with HIV/AIDS, and intravenous drug users
All individuals reporting a substance problem are screened for services.
Pregnant women are given priority and are seen within 48 hours.
Residential services are for Arlington residents who require more intensive treatment than is available in an outpatient setting and who do not have the financial resources to pay for residential treatment.
- We use a sliding fee based on income.
- Clients with insurance are billed accordingly.
How to Apply
Call 703-228-4900 or apply in person at:
2120 Washington Blvd.
Arlington VA 22204