Given the news of COVID-19 (the novel Coronavirus detected in Wuhan, China) and that we are in peak flu season, we understand that some people are worried about becoming ill.
This is what you can do to protect yourself and our community:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people as much as possible.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
If you traveled in the last 14 days and you feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, you should:
- Seek medical care right way. If you can, please call your doctor or emergency room before seeking care and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Not travel while sick.
- Do bulleted recommendations above.
This is a rapidly evolving situation. This site’s content is reviewed daily and will be updated as appropriate.
Last Reviewed and Updated Friday, Mar. 6, 2020, 1:07 pm
Coronavirus 2019 novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV Novel illness Wuhan coronavirus