- Arlington County’s housing programs are continuing operations and rental subsidy programs (Housing Grants, Permanent Supportive Housing, and Housing Choice Vouchers) should experience no disruption that would impact payments to housing providers. Call 703-228-1350 or go to the County’s Public Assistance site. (Note that some Housing Quality Standard (HQS) property inspections have been postponed.)
- Arlington County is the point of entry to receive assistance through a variety of emergency assistance programs to help with rent, utilities, medical or clothing expenses: Visit online or call 703-228-1350.
- The County Board has requested (Spanish) that landlords take voluntary steps to minimize financial hardship for tenants who are unable to pay rent on time.
- The Arlington County General District Court, as well as the Supreme Court of Virginia, has ordered that evictions and possessions be suspended until April 26, 2020.
- Arlington County has emergency assistance to help with mortgage, utilities, medical or clothing expenses: Visit online or call 703-228-1350.
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development has suspended foreclosures and evictions on all Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgages until the middle of May.
- Many private lenders have announced that they will work with borrowers in trouble by providing hardship forbearance options. Contact your lender to discuss options.
- Foreclosure housing counselors work closely with struggling homeowners to understand their financial situation and help them identify their best long-term solution.
- The National Association of Realtors has developed a list of useful resources for property owners.
- The Department of Human Services is the first call to make for help if you or someone you know is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We help Arlington residents find shelter, emergency food, housing and other vital services, and referrals can be made to all Arlington County shelters. Call 703-228-1300 for help.
- In case of shelter need during non-business hours, households should call 703-228-1010 for assistance.
For Housing Questions
- The County’s Housing Information Center is still open for business – call 703-228-3765 or e-mail email@example.com for questions about tenant landlord issues or to learn more about available resources.
- Walk-ins are not being accepted at this time.