How Can You Help?
Do Your Part to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus
Even if you are young, or otherwise healthy, you are at risk and your activities can increase the risk for others. It is critical that you do your part to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- Work or engage in schooling FROM HOME whenever possible.
- AVOID SOCIAL GATHERINGS in groups of more than 10 people.
- Avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts -- USE DRIVE-THRU, PICKUP, OR DELIVERY OPTIONS.
- AVOID DISCRETIONARY TRAVEL, shopping trips, and social visits.
- DO NOT VISIT nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE.
Get Your Household Ready
As a family, you can plan and make decisions now that will protect you and your family during a COVID-19 outbreak. Creating a household plan can help protect your health and the health of those you care about in the event of an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community.
Check in (Safely) with Neighbors and Networks
- If you’re in a lower-risk group, reach out to your higher-risk neighbors and community members and ask them how you can help, whether by picking up prescriptions and groceries or offering other assistance.
- Even if they’re already fully stocked, simply sharing your plans with one another can be helpful, particularly as people spend more time at home instead of out.
- Social distancing does not have to mean social isolation. Start putting a plan in place now for how you’ll stay in touch with loved ones, friends, classmates, and co-workers, even when you’re not physically seeing them.
- Check in on your neighborhood/building/civic association communications tool -- some use NextDoor, some use Facebook or other tools to keep neighbors in touch.
Learn about Community Needs
Arlington has a number of safety net non-profits and organizations that support our community. From providing food, to shelter and housing, to medical care and emergency financial support, the work of these groups is now more important than ever.
Volunteer Arlington is maintaining a listing of what these organizations need in terms of donations, volunteers and other forms of support.