Effective July 1, 2017, the Virginia Department of Health and Arlington County Public Health Division will be required to issue mobile food unit licenses in the form of a sticker that shall be prominently displayed on mobile food units. This change is being enacted due to the passage of House Bill 1625 during the 2017 Virginia General Assembly legislative session.
The Guidelines for Itinerant Vendors contains complete regulations pertaining to vending in Arlington County. Download a copy of the guidelines or obtain a copy from the Public Health Division Office at 2110 Washington Blvd. Suite 350, Arlington, VA 22204, or by calling 703-228-7400. Use our Checklist to Help You Obtain Your Mobile License to make sure you have taken all required steps to receive your license.
- Vendors require a peddler’s/itinerant merchant’s license
- Mobile food units that produce grease-laden vapors (e.g. those who cook or re-heat food) and/or use propane tanks or generators MUST apply for a fire permit prior to Public Health inspection by calling the Fire Prevention Office at 703-228-4644
- Mobile food units must receive an annual license and submit a base of operations agreement or “depot letter”
- Mobile food units must obtain a copy of the base of operations last inspection and valid health license
- The license is required for new operations or whenever there is a change of ownership
- An application processing fee of $40 made payable to Arlington County Treasurer must accompany the license application or receipt of payment from another jurisdiction in Virginia
Mail or deliver your application and processing fee to 2110 Washington Blvd. Suite 350, Arlington, VA 22204.
Mobile Food Unit Licenses are renewable annually in June. See the guidelines for complete details about the application and licensing process, or request an application and depot letter by calling 703-228-7400.