HLP Open Hours: Week of 1/13/20-1/17/20
Note that open hours sessions are open to all BHD clients who have been referred to the Healthy Living Program.
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu: Mindfulness Practice, 12:10 – 12:30 p.m. at Sequoia 3; Please wait on the 4th floor promptly at 12:05 p.m.
- Tuesday: 5k Group, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. at Washington-Liberty High School track (1301 N. Stafford St, Arlington, VA 22201)
- Wednesday: HLP Open Pool Hour, 8 – 9 a.m. at Washington-Liberty High School Aquatic Center (1301 N. Quincy St, Arlington, VA 22201)
- Thursday: Sequoia Walk Group, 9 – 9:30 a.m. at Sequoia 3; Meet in 1st floor lobby.
- Friday: HLP Open Hours; see full schedule below. Please call 703-364-9974 for same day questions or concerns, and note special instructions for 12 p.m. at Wakefield and 3 p.m. at Arlington Mill.
- 9 – 10 a.m.: Arlington Mill Community Center gym, 5th floor (909 S. Dinwiddie St, Arlington, VA 22205)
- 10:15 – 11:15 a.m.: Barcroft Community Center boxing gym (4200 S. Four Mile Run, Arlington, VA 22206)
- 12 – 1 p.m.: Wakefield High School Aquatic Center (pool): Please call by 11:45 a.m. to advise if you plan to attend, to facilitate entry to the pool. (1325 N. Dinwiddie St, Arlington, VA 22206)
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.: Clarendon House gym; please meet by 2nd floor elevators (Sequoia 3, 2120 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22204)
- 3 – 4 p.m.: Arlington Mill Community Center: Please check in at gym on 5th floor upon arrival; Please call 703-364-9974 if you cannot find the group. (909 S. Dinwiddie St, Arlington, VA 22206)
HEALTH COACHING (environmental/social/physical)
- Nutrition and Exercise for Wellness and Recovery (NEW-R)
- Wellness Coaching
- 5k Training group
- Weekday Walk Group
- Peer Walk Group
- Open Hours Aqua Exercise
- Open Office Gym Hours
- Mindful Movement/Yoga
NUTRITION EDUCATION (physical/environmental)
- Eat Well/Live Well Class
- Personalized Nutrition Consultation
- Medical Nutrition Assessment and Services
TOBACCO CESSATION (physical/social/environmental/emotional)
- Tobacco Cessation/Tobacco Chats groups
PEER LED WELLNESS WORKSHOPS (environmental/social/physical)
- Whole Health Action Management (WHAM)
- Wellness and Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- Mindfulness Class
All participants enrolled in any of the above described programs receive a variety of additional benefits and supports. Some of these include:
- Support in accessing fee reductions with Arlington County Parks and Recreation gym memberships
- Discounted memberships with Capital Bikeshare
- Support in accessing fee reductions with Arlington Public Schools pools
- Referral to and discounts with Virginia Hospital Center health promotion and education opportunities
Community Partners Needed!
Through these programs, clients have support in accessing and building sustainable relationships with an array of community resources, including the Department of Parks and Recreation facilities, several local grocery stores, Arlington Public Schools pools, Capital Bikeshare, Phoenix Bikes, Potomac River Running, Virginia Hospital Center, Virginia Cooperative Extension, and others. We are always looking for new community partners and creative ways to support our clients’ ongoing success in living healthy, active lives.
Participants must be active clients with the Arlington County Behavioral Healthcare Division, and must be referred internally.