Volunteers Helping Build Strong, Healthy and Prepared Communities
As part of the nationwide Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteer program, the Arlington County Medical Reserve Corps (ACMRC) assists the Arlington County Public Health Division (ACPHD) with public health initiatives and emergency preparedness & response.
- Age 18 or over
- Resident and/or resident student in Arlington
- Medical and/or non-medical skills with/without experience
- Willingness to assist in a true emergency, participate in quarterly call-down drills
- May participate in annual exercises, and support ongoing community outreach and education projects
- Ability to attend a mandatory two-hour orientation within one-year of applying
More on ACMRC
Emergencies can happen at any time!
Are you prepared and willing to help in an emergency?
MRC New Volunteer Orientations!
- FIRST see our Join MRC page to create a VVHS profile to apply for membership (once Approved you are eligible for Orientation)
- THEN see our Trainings & Levels page to create a VA TRAIN account to register for Orientation
If the scheduled Orientations are not convenient for you then please email with your availability to schedule a One-on-One (1:1) Orientation during the workday Mkonoza@arlingtonva.us or call (703) 228-4986 if you have any questions about the application & onboarding process.
For public health internships please use this link – (page not available yet – use contact below):